The Christmas Book Bloggers Tag was created by Trish at Between My Lines. And I was tagged by Alex at Whimy Pages. Thanks for tagging me Alex! Definitely check out her blog for lots of great bookish content.
1. What is your Favorite Christmas scene in a book?
Hmm…this is kind of a tough one. I don’t read a lot of books with memorable Christmas scenes. But, I will always love the scene in the first Harry Potter book when Harry realizes that he was actually given Christmas presents.
2. Do you have an Christmas Book traditions?
Yes, actually. Every year one of Camden’s Christmas presents is a box full of books. The contents change depending on what he’s currently into, but it’s my favorite present to buy. I love seeing his face on Christmas morning when he discovers all the books in the box. And this year I’m continuing the tradition with my nieces.
3. Do you prefer to get presents of book vouchers or books?
Getting books is pretty great (if they people buying know your tastes), but its also fun to be able to go to the bookstore and pick out new things. So basically I’m very happy with either one.
4. Do you give books as presents?
5. What bookish item is on your Christmas wishlist?
I put an adorable Jane Austen quote mug on my Christmas list.
6. What 3 books would you love Santa to have in his sack for you?
I wouldn’t be mad to find The Library of the Unwritten by AJ Hackwith, The Queen of the Conquered by Kacen Callender, or Steel Crow Saga by Paul Krueger under the tree for me.
7. Fake Christmas tree or real Christmas tree?
Fake tree. I’ve always wanted to try a real tree, but I love being able to put my fake trees up in November.
8. What’s your favorite thing about Christmas?
Definitely all the extra time I get to spend with family.
9. What Christmas book would you recommend?
Probably either Greenglass House or Winterhouse. They’re both great Christmas-y middle grade reads.
10. What dish on your Christmas menu are you most looking forward to?
Oh, that’s a tough one. We don’t do a big Christmas meal like we do at Thanksgiving. But, I am making pie which I’m pretty excited about. And my grandma is making her homemade potato soup which is delicious.
11. When do you open your Christmas presents?
12. What’s your favorite Christmas song?
Gotta be Sleigh Ride. Doesn’t really matter who is singing it.
13. Are you dreaming of a white Christmas?
Always. We rarely get one, but I love it. It always feels more like Christmas when its snowing outside.
Because it’s only 2 days until Christmas, I’m not going to tag anybody. But, if you want to do this tag, consider yourself tagged. 🙂
Happy Reading ♥