Hello Bookworms! For #Blogmas Day 14 I decided to do The Twelve Days of Christmas Book Tag which was created by Lizzie at LizzieLovesBooks. And each of the questions is based on a round of the 12 Days of Christmas Song. ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪
1. A Partridge in a pear tree: Favorite Stand-Alone Book?
Erin Morgenstern books aside, I absolutely adored Gods of Jade and Shadow by Silvia Moreno-Garcia. Her writing is beautiful, and the story is one that stays with you.
2. Two Turtle Doves: Fictional OTP/Favorite Ship?
Since I don’t want to use the same answer from the last version of this question, I’m going to have to go with Vin and Elend from the Mistborn Trilogy. I adore these two and their relationship.
3. Three French Hens: Favorite Trilogy?
The Mistborn Trilogy by Brandon Sanderson. This is an expertly crafted series, and seeing all the seeds Sanderson planted in the first two books, come to fruition in the final one kinda blew my mind to be honest.
4. Four Calling Birds: Favorite Fictional Beast/Creature?
If we’re talking about a species in general, I’ve got to go with dragons. I mean, how could I not? But, if we are talking about a specific fictional animal, the only correct answer would be Nighteyes from Robin Hobb’s Realm of the Elderlings series. We literally do not deserve this pure cinnamon roll.
5. Five Golden Rings: Show 5 Golden Books
Here are 5 books that I loved that have gold on the cover 😍
6. Six Geese a Laying: Rotten egg- What’s your least favorite book?
Nevernight by Jay Kristoff. I loathe this book.
And, I actually created a DNF shelf on Goodreads for it specifically.
7. Seven Swans a Swimming: Show a Book with Water on the Cover
House of Salt and Sorrows by Erin A Craig definitely counts for this one.
8. Eight Maids a Milking: What fictional food do you wish you could taste?
I think I’m going to have to go with a Reptar Bar for this one. And, if you were a 90’s kid, you know exactly what I’m talking about.
9. Nine Ladies Dancing: Favorite dance between two characters?
Oh, that’s easy Celia and Marco’s dance from The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern. *swoon*
10. Ten Lords a Leaping: Favorite Book-To-Movie-Adaptation?
(Aside from the obvious answer of Lord of the Rings), I love the movie adaption of Stardust by Neil Gaiman. And, I even think the movie is better than the book. /shrug
11. Eleven Pipers Piping: Favorite Book-To-Movie-Adaptation Soundtrack?
Hmm….I’m not really a soundtrack kinda girl. But, the music from LOTR is pretty epic. Or, and of the Disney princess movies soundtracks, if those count.
12. Twelve Drummers Drumming: It’s the end of the song; what’s your favorite book ending?
Oh, that’s tough. Hmm…..I think I’d have to go with the ending of either Holy Sister by Mark Lawrence or Winter of the Witch by Katherine Arden. I absolutely loved the way both those trilogies ended.
If you want to do the 12 Days of Christmas Book Tag, consider yourself tagged! And, let me know if you do so that I can check it out. 🙂
Happy Reading ♥