Hello bookworms! Today I thought I’d do the Joy of Christmas Book Tag. I wasn’t tagged to do this, but the questions just looked so fun and festive that I wanted to answer them. The tag was created by Sam over at Sam’s Nonsense.
1. Anticipation: The Christmas excitement is real, what book release(s) are you most anticipating?
»» The Light of All that Falls by James Islington
This book comes out in 6 days, and I’m so excited to see how this trilogy ends.
2. Christmas Songs & Carols: What book or author can you not help but sing it’s praises?
»» I mean, the obvious answer is Erin Morgenstern. The Night Circus is my favorite book, and The Starless Sea was fantastic.
3. Gingerbread Houses: What book or series has wonderful world building?
»» Basically anything by Brandon Sanderson would work for this one. The world building in both the Mistborn trilogy and The Stormlight Archive series is fantastic.
4. A Christmas Carol: Favorite classic or one that you want to read
»» Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. I absolutely adore this book and the characters.
5. Christmas Sweets: What book would you love to receive for Christmas
»» Hmm…Probably This Is How You Loose the Time War by Max Gladstone and Amal El-Mohtar. I’ve heard nothing but good things about this novella.
6. Candles in the Window: What book gives you that warm fuzzy feeling
»» The Tea Dragon Society by Katie O’Neill
This is a delightful children’s picture book full of diverse characters and adorable tea dragons.
7. Christmas Trees & Decorations: What are some of your favorite book covers?
»» The Bear and the Nightingale by Katherine Arden
»» Gods of Jade and Shadow by Silvia Moreno-Garcia
»» Greenglass House by Kate Milford
8. Christmas Joy: What are some of your favorite things about Christmas And/Or some of your favorite Christmas memories?
»» I absolutely love everything about Christmas from the decorating, to wrapping presents, to the extra time spent with family. My son and I always make Christmas cookies and have so much fun decorating the house and putting up the trees (that’s right trees – plural). And then we spend Christmas Eve and Christmas day at my parents house with the whole family.
I’m not going to tag anybody, cause I never know who wants to be tagged in these things (if you do, leave a comment below so I can tag you next time.) But, if you want to do it, consider yourself tagged. 🙂
I hope you’re all having a great #blogmas. Happy Reading ♥