I’m back – hopefully! Haha. The end of 2017 and basically all of 2018 weren’t great to be honest, but that’s life. However, I’ve decided that 2019 is going to be so much better. And one of the ways I intend to make it so, is to make it a priority to set aside time to do things that I enjoy – and this blog is definitely one of them.
It make take me some time to get back in the swing of things, and I’m working on changing some of the layouts, graphics, and such. But, I thought the perfect post to start the new year would be one outlining my reading and blog goals.
- I set my Goodreads goal to 100 books. Is that overly ambitious? Probably. But, go big or go home, right?
- I want to reduced my physical TBR (I love having some unread books so that I have a variety to choose from when picking my next read), but I’d like for it to be in the 40s not the 100s. So goal 2 would be for at least half the books I read this year to be books that I already own.
- I read my first Brandon Sanderson book in 2018, and I adored it. So much in fact that I went on to read another 4 of his books. I’ve since bought a few more and received some for Christmas so I would really like to read all the Sanderson novels currently on my shelves in 2019.
- I want to continue to read diversely (not necessarily in genre), but by reading more books written by women and POC as well as books that are queer, and those with mental health and fat representation.
- I would love to post on here consistently – at least 2x a week. And I want to make an effort to post at least one discussion post per month.
- I want write full reviews of at least half the books I read and mini reviews of the rest.
- I want to reengage with the bookish community on here, IG, and Twitter so that I really feel like I’m apart of something. And maybe even make a bookish friend or two.
So those are my bookish and blog goals for 2019. What about you?
Also, I would love to follow more bookish people on Instagram so if you have an IG account, drop your link below! 🙂