I was nominated for the Blogger Recognition Award by Sónia over at Glutton For Books. Since I am so new to book blogging in general, I was completely taken by surprise at this nomination. So, thank you Sónia for thinking of me! 🙂 Make sure you go check out her blog for great book reviews and Top 5 Wednesday posts.
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
2. Write a post to show your award.
3. Give a brief story of how your blog started.
4. Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
5. Select other bloggers you want to give this award to.
6. Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created.
How The Brunette Bookworm Blog started:
I first discovered BookTube about a year ago – before that I didn’t even realize there were these communities of people who love books like I do and wanted to discuss them. From there I discovered Goodreads and book blogs. And, it’s just a great community of people, and I knew I wanted to get involved some how. So a couple of months ago I started this blog – mostly as a place to track my reading and put my thoughts to paper. But, then I started interacting with other bloggers, and it makes the experience so much more fun!
Advice To New Bloggers:
I am by no means a blogging expert as I’m still very new to it myself. But, here are the two things I’ve learned that might be helpful to my fellow newbies:
- Have fun. We all get stared with book blogging because we love books. And we love talking about them. And, if you put that love/passion into your writing, people will see that. And the followers, comments, and likes will follow.
- Engage with other bloggers. Find other bloggers writing about books you love and comment on their stuff. Those conversations are a great way for your to get to know other bloggers and create sense of community for yourself.
My Nominations for the Blogger Recognition Award:
Siobhan @ I am a book drunkard
Nicole @ Bibliophilium
Joce @ Write Through the Night
Stephanie @ Stephanie’s Book Reviews
May @ Sunsets and Bookfests
Katy @ Ardent Attachments