This week’s Top 5 Wednesday is a bit of a freebie. We get to talk about things that we have been enjoying lately that aren’t books. I tried to make my list as varied as possible because there is a lot of awesome stuff in the world. So, here are some of my current favorite things:
1. Funko Pop!: I love Funko Pops, and I have an ever growing collection. And, one of my favorite things is reading the Funko Blog to see all the new licenses they are acquiring and what characters are going to be immortalized in tiny plastic format. So, I was incredibly excited when I learned that they are going to be releasing a set of Parks and Recreation Funkos in 2017.
Currently, they are planning Pops! of Leslie Knope, Ron Swanson, Tom Haverford, April Ludgate, Andy Dwyer, and Li’l Sebastian.
But, I haven’t given up hope that we will get Anne Perkins and Ben Wyatt eventually. I mean, can you have a Leslie Knope without an Anne or Ben? I really don’t think so.
You can visit the Funko Blog here to see more awesome stuff.
2. Mr. Right (Film): I plucked this film out of the Redbox last week because I was just
in the mood for a quirky fun comedy movie. And, I love Anna Kendrick. What I was not expecting was to love it soooo much. Its basically a romantic comedy/hit man mash-up that full of laughs and heart.
Here’s the blurb from IMDB: “A girl falls for the “perfect” guy, who happens to have a very fatal flaw: he’s a hitman on the run from the crime cartels who employ him.”
I know that is has a not great rating on Rotten Tomatoes (42%), but it has quickly become one of my favorite films. It doesn’t take itself too seriously, the chemistry between Sam Rockwell and Anna Kendrick is fantastic, and I laughed for almost the entire film. I highly recommend it!
3. Beauty and the Beast (2017 Film): The final trailer for the Beauty and the Beast film is out – and its glorious. I absolutely cannot wait for March! 😍😍😍😍😍
4. Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D: I love this show. And, I have loved the show since the very first episode. I know the popular narrative was that the first season wasn’t very good, but that its gotten better. I’m in the “its always been good” camp, but I have to say that Season 4 has been exceptional. I love the concepts of artificial intelligence, so the introduction of LMDs this season has been great. Plus, we get Agent Koenig back this season which I fully support.
5. Nix Super Skinny Eye Marker: I am definitely not a make-up guru, but I am incredibly impressed by those with superior make-up skills. And, I really like watching make-up videos on YouTube. Especially, the Make-up Book Tag – its the combo of two awesome things! But, I did try a new eyeliner this month that I absolutely love. Its the Nix Super Skinny Eye Marker. Its so easy to use, and I love the way it looks.
What kinds of things have you been loving this year??