This week’s Top 5 Wednesday topic is all about goals for 2017, and I’m going to focus on my reading/blogging goals.
1. I want to track my reading better this year. In 2016, I only used Goodreads as a method of tracking, and while helpful, I really want to learn some more specific information about my book reading and book buy habits. This year I plan to utilize the amazing spreadsheet created by Brock at Let’s Read. You can click here to see the video where he explains how the spreadsheet works.
2. I really want to dedicate more time to writing on this blog and posting to Instagram. Ideally, I will be posting 2-3 times a week on here, and 3-5 times on Instagram.
3. I want to read all the comic trades and graphic novels on my shelves. They don’t take that long to read, and I really want to be current on all the series I am currently loving. (Plus, if I read them all, I won’t feel guilty about buying more. Haha.)
4. I want to expand my reading this year – I want to read more adult SSF, poetry, non-fiction, and short fiction. I also want to make sure that I am reading diversely – either with author or characters – and especially #ownvoices literature.
5. Lastly, I want to read at least 75 books this year (including comic trades and graphic novels). I mean, I would love to read more. But, I don’t want reading to feel like a job. It’s a hobby that I love – and I want to give myself wiggle room if there are times I don’t feel like reading.
I look forward to checking in in December to see how I did. And, I’m hoping that these simple goals will help keep me on track and reading great books all next year.
What are your life/reading goals for this year?
I hope you have a happy and productive 2017!